- the property or characteristic that produces unequal physical effects atdifferent points in a body or system, as a magnet or storage battery.
- the positive or negative state in which a body reacts to a magnetic,
electric, or other field.
2. the presence or manifestation of two opposite or contrasting principles or
- (of words, phrases, or sentences) positive or negative character.
- polar opposition.
1. a dimension taken through an object or body of material, usually downward
from an upper surface, horizontally inward from an outer surface, or from top
to bottom of something regarded as one of several layers.
2. the quality of being deep; deepness.
3. complexity or obscurity, as of a subject: a question of great depth.